The fourth edition of the SI conference series, jointly organized by the Department of Psychology, University of Delhi, and Infinity Foundation India, was held at University of Delhi from 22nd – 27th of March 2018. Some of the themes covered were:
• Critical Issues in Indian Psychology
• Theoretical Models & Applications in Education
• Theoretical Models & Applications in Clinical and Counseling Psychology
• Theoretical Models & Applications in Organizational Psychology
• Research in Indian Psychology: First person, second person, and third person
• Toward a shastra for Indian Psychology
Rajiv Malhotra discussed the unacknowledged contributions of India to the development of the field of mind sciences in the West. Multiple papers and panels discussed how the dharmic nature of India’s approach to the concept of mind sciences makes psychology not a separate but an integrated part of individual practice. There were workshops on the sidelines of the main conference where themes from organizational behavior to IP and multiple concentrations were covered. The conference was spread over 6 days and was hosted by the Department of Psychology, Delhi University.